Food Security Framework | Gaps in Knowledge
- More hazard analysis is needed? when do they occur, where and how, combined effects, and impact of non-natural hazards.
- No historical information is available on food prices at the departmental level, which makes it difficult to monitor potential access/availability problems at this level.
- No information is available on farm gate prices.
- Little information is available on real wage levels in the countryside. The government has established minimum wage levels, but there is no systematic monitoring of compliance.
- Little regular, systematic, and technically correct information is available on nutritional status.
- Information needed on the coping strategies used by poor households, thresholds and circumstances that trigger them, the order in which they are implemented, their immediate effectiveness and future consequences on food security.
- More information needed on the impacts of climate change on food security status of different livelihood groups.