Chemonics International Inc., a leading international consulting firm based in Washington, DC, has been contracted by USAID to manage FEWS NET’s technical and field activities. Chemonics seeks applications from qualified and experienced Nigerian professionals to fill one full-time Assistant National Technical Manager (ANTM) position in Niamey, Niger.
The successful candidate will report to the National Technical Manager (NTM) for Niger and will collaboratively support the NTM to undertake the following activities:
• Efficient, focused food security monitoring, data collection, assessment, and early warning analysis;
• Effective communication of early warning analysis to partners and decision-makers through contributions to high-quality reports and participation in briefings and formal and informal meetings;
• Close collaboration with key network partners, including those with a more diffuse field presence, such as host-government counterparts, United Nations (UN) agencies (e.g., WFP, FAO, and UNICEF), and regional and local non-governmental organizations (NGOs), among others;
• Network development through capacity strengthening with respect to FEWS NET’s tools and analysis.
The minimum qualifications for the Niger ANTM position are as follows:
• An advanced university degree in a discipline relevant to the work of FEWS NET, such as agricultural economics, agronomy, nutrition, climatology, anthropology, or social geography. A bachelor’s degree may be accepted for candidates with more than five years of relevant experience.
• At least two years of relevant experience in early warning/food security information systems, food security analysis, or other related field;
• Fluency in English is required; knowledge of local languages is an advantage;
• Spoken and written communication skills in English;
• Excellent computer skills; GIS applications and mapping skills are an advantage.
Interested candidates should fill out the general information form and upload their CV and a cover letter to: https://fewsnet.formstack.com/forms/niger_antm by April 2, 2018.