The FEWS NET Project Assistant will provide front-office administrative, operational, and logistical support to the FEWS NET Senior Management Team (SMT, composed of the Chief of Party and two Deputy Chiefs of Party), Operations Team, and more generally to the Washington D.C. Technical Team, to help ensure that the office is well-managed and that project operations run smoothly.
- Manage correspondence and communication for senior management and oversee filing of key FEWS NET documents in both electronic and hard format such as timesheets, TAARs, and leave requests for field staff
- Assist the Operations Manager and SMT in developing and implementing guidance on various technical and operational processes and procedures
- Prepare travel-related processes for the home office (HO) tech team, including travel requests, visa applications, travel advances, logistical arrangements, and expense reports
- Schedule and maintain SMT meeting calendar and organize relevant documentation in advance of meetings
- Support SMT correspondence with field and HO staff and the PMUs
- Maintain key administrative “trackers” for the project, including but not limited to: vacation schedules, performance evaluations, staff development, and HO and field staff travel for approval and security purposes
- Coordinate recurring (e.g., weekly and monthly) FEWS NET internal meetings, including compiling the agenda, organizing and setting up meeting rooms, managing office technology, taking minutes as required, and maintaining meeting reports.
- Coordinate logistical and administrative needs for the project (e.g., ordering supplies for project where/when needed)
- Serve as the primary liaison for the FEWS NET team with Chemonics’ support divisions (IT, Office Services Department, Human Resources); refer team inquiries to the appropriate division, when needed
- Provide technical support to project activities, as requested by the SMT
- Support project recruitment in the home and field offices, as needed
- Maintain employee directory and contact list
- Coordinate social events, employee recognition, and annual gatherings
- On occasion, welcome visitors to the office
- Undertake other tasks to ensure the efficient and effective implementation and management of the FEWS NET project, as requested by the Operations Manager or SMT.
Please click "Read More" to view the scope of work for this position. Chemonics International Inc. is looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world and demonstrate leadership, versatility, and integrity in their work. Interested candidates should apply online here: https://chk.tbe.taleo.net/chk05/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CHEMONICS&cws=1&rid=2229 by November 22, 2017. No telephone inquiries. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Chemonics seeks a nutrition advisor to support the USAID‐funded Famine Early Warning Systems Network (FEWS NET). The current phase of FEWS NET focuses on nutrition and health issues, in particular, how a better understanding of these issues can improve the project's food security analysis and early warning. FEWS NET seeks a highly qualified and motivated nutrition advisor to lead this aspect of the project. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide technical guidance on the inclusion and use of health and nutrition information in food security monitoring, assessments, and analysis, including scenario building and integrated food security phase classification (IPC)
- Oversee the development and maintenance of a database of nutrition and health survey data for each of FEWS NET’s presence countries
- Oversee the development of nutrition context documents for select FEWS NET countries
- Conduct nutrition causal analysis (NCA) studies to understand the causes of undernutrition in different contexts
- Provide technical guidance on the implementation of food security and nutrition (e.g. SMART) surveys and assessments
- Actively contribute to the IPC nutrition technical working group
- Facilitate nutrition trainings to FEWS NET staff and external partners
- Manage, coordinate, and support two regional nutrition specialists and two national nutrition officers for the project
- Promote and support collaboration with local, regional, and international partners in health and nutrition-related activities
- Propose innovative initiatives and tools that will contribute to early warning
- Provide guidance to the development and refinement of the approach to health and nutrition related methods and products
- Promote and support collaboration with local, regional, and international partners in health and nutrition‐related activities
- Provide input to and participation in the preparation and dissemination of decision‐support products, including monthly reports, special reports, alerts, and briefings
- Collaborate with FEWS NET implementation partners in carrying out project activities
- Support the development and strengthening of global partners and food security systems
- Ensure that there is efficiency and effectiveness in the management and compliance of the contractual requirements
Apply through our Career Center at https://chk.tbe.taleo.net/chk05/ats/careers/jobSearch.jsp?org=CHEMONICS&cws=1 . No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.