USAID recently tasked FEWS NET to provide market-based response decision support, including but not limited to assessing the feasibility and potential impacts of food assistance programs (emergency and development) on a given country's local economy through Congressionally mandated analyses, often referred to as a Bellmon analysis. These types of programs require up-to-date evidence to support the analysis of the feasibility and appropriateness of different market-based response options, but this contextual information. Chemonics/FEWS NET seeks a highly qualified and motivated senior markets and trade analyst to lead this aspect of the project.
• Provide technical guidance on market-based response analysis, in response to decision support requests from USAID to inform both development and emergency program design.
• Contribute to building a knowledge base to inform analyses of the appropriateness and feasibility of different response modalities.
• Supervise and contribute to desk research on the design, strengths, and weaknesses of past market-based response activities implemented in focus countries and their priority sub-national areas.
• Liaise with partner organization to inform desk research and field assessment design.
• Supervise the development of related field assessment tools and agendas.
• Supervise short-term consultants onboarded to support market-based response analysis field research.
• Train field assessment teams to ensure understanding of the assessment tools and consistency across field assessment members.
• Draft sections of FEWS NET deliverables, with guidance from the Home Office Technical team.
• Provide general support to the team to ensure the successful completion deliverables.
Click on "Read More" to view the complete scope of work for the Senior Markets and Trade Analys
Please apply through the Chemonics Career Center by January, 16, 2018: https://chk.tbe.taleo.net/chk05/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CHEMONICS&cws=1&rid=2297 No telephone inquiries. Finalists will be contacted.
The Assistant National Technical Manager (ANTM) will work closely with FEWS NET country, regional, and U.S. teams to support activities in Kenya. This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya. The successful candidate will report to the National Technical Manager (NTM) for Kenya and will collaboratively support the NTM to undertake the following activities:
•Efficient, focused food security monitoring, data collection, assessment, and early warning analysis;
•Effective communication of early warning analysis to partners and decision-makers through contributions to high quality reports and participation in briefings and formal and informal meetings;
•Close collaboration with key network partners, including those with a more diffuse field presence, such as host-government counterparts, United Nations (UN) agencies (e.g., WFP, FAO, and UNICEF), and regional and local non-governmental organizations (NGOs), among others;
•Network development through capacity strengthening with respect to FEWS NET’s tools and analysis.
The ANTM will assist the NTM to provide quality control for the deliverables of the project and will help ensure that activities and products are delivered in a timely manner.
Click on "Read More" below to view the full scope of work for the Kenya ANTM position.
Interested candidates should fill out the general information form and upload their CV and a cover letter to: https://fewsnet.formstack.com/forms/kenya_antm by January 26, 2018. All application materials, including responses to the general information form, CVs, and cover letters, should be provided in English. The position is based in Nairobi, Kenya, and is open to all qualified Kenyan candidates. No telephone inquiries. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.Chemonics International Inc. is looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world and demonstrate leadership, versatility, and integrity in their work.
Chemonics seeks a nutrition advisor to support the USAID‐funded Famine Early Warning Systems Network (FEWS NET). The current phase of FEWS NET focuses on nutrition and health issues, in particular, how a better understanding of these issues can improve the project's food security analysis and early warning. FEWS NET seeks a highly qualified and motivated nutrition advisor to lead this aspect of the project. The nutrition advisor will be based in Washington, DC and the advisor will provide direct technical supervision to two regionally based nutrition specialists in Niamey, Niger and Nairobi, Kenya, and two national nutrition officers in Nigeria and Afghanistan. The advisor will report to the FEWS NET Deputy Chief of Party.
• Provide technical guidance on the inclusion, collection, and use of health and nutrition information in food security monitoring, assessments, and analysis, including scenario building and integrated food security phase classification (IPC)
• Oversee the development and maintenance of a database of nutrition and health survey data for each of FEWS NET's presence countries;
• Oversee the development of nutrition context documents for select FEWS NET countries;
• Conduct nutrition causal analysis (NCA) studies to understand the causes of undernutrition in different contexts;
• Provide technical guidance on the implementation of food security and nutrition (e.g. SMART) surveys and assessments;
• Actively contribute to the IPC nutrition technical working group
• Promote and support collaboration with local, regional, and international partners in health and nutrition‐related activities
• Provide input to and participation in the preparation and dissemination of decision‐support products, including monthly reports, special reports, alerts, and briefings
Click on "Read More" to view the complete scope of work for the Nutrition Advisor.
Please apply through the Chemonics Career Center: https://chk.tbe.taleo.net/chk05/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CHEMONICS&cws=1&rid=1516 No telephone inquiries. Finalists will be contacted.